How and Where is postage Calculated and Charged?
Simply put, it’s not! After overwhelming customer feedback, Sew Says You has implemented flat rate postage of just $9.20 so there is no postage shock when you check out!
However, If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of purchasing just one small, flat item – The postage will automatically reflect this at Checkout, and charge you just $5.95
How will my purchases be posted?
My goal is to ensure your package gets to you as safely and swiftly as possible. Currently, Australia Post provides the best means to do this within Australia. As a general guide, Your item will come packaged appropriately, in either a C4 Mailer or a satchel.
- Small flat items, such as planner pouches or bluebird clutches are wrapped flat and posted in a tracked C4 Mailer.
- Most Sew Says You items, such as wallets & planners will be wrapped & boxed for protection, and then posted in a satchel. This protects the item during transport, and from the weather.
- Extra Large or Bulky Items will be assessed on a case by case basis to determine individual needs to ensure your parcel has a safe postal journey and reaches you in perfect condition.
Are you putting in a large order? I’ve got you covered!
- If your order totals more than $500 ‘signature on delivery’ is required. This is an Australia Post requirement, I don’t make the rules, but, this one makes good sense. I want to make sure they deliver it safely to you!
How soon will I get my Order?
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
- Processing time: This refers to the time it takes me to receive your order, process it,
create your custom item, package your item, and deliver it to an Australia Post store. For custom items: If you have requested a custom item, current custom creation times can be found on the main page and in the page banner. Once your item is created, it will be posted out on the next available mail date.
- For stocked items: All stocked items will be posted on the next available mail date (this is within 1-5 business days) Please see exact Sew Says You postal dates below.
- Shipping time: This refers to the time it takes Australia Post to move your parcel from where it is lodged to you.
Australia post suggests items will take between 2-10 business days to arrive at their destination but it can dramatically vary depending on your location and the time of year.
Sew Says You Shipping Dates for 2019:
- NOVEMBER: Monday 4th, Friday 8th, Monday 18th, Friday 22nd
- DECEMBER: Monday 2nd, Friday 6th, Monday 16th, Friday 20th
Shipping Dates for 2020:
- FEBRUARY: Monday 9th, Friday 13th, Monday 23rd, Friday27th
- MARCH: Monday 8th, Friday 12th, Monday 22nd, Friday26th
- APRIL: Monday 5th, Friday 9th, Monday 19th, Friday 23rd
- MAY: Monday 3rd, Friday 7th, Monday 17th, Friday 21st, Monday 31st
- JUNE: Friday 4th, Monday 14th, Friday 18th, Monday 28th
Can I pay extra and get it express posted?
Unfortunately, I’m unable to offer express post at this point in time.
- If your order has not arrived within 15 business days, from the date of lodgement, please contact me and together we can lodge a request with Australia Post.
*Please be aware that Australia Post will only search for an item that is outside its ‘expected transit time’ PLUS any extra time they know them selves to be behind’*
- If your item is lost in transit, I will refund you, or replace the item only once Australia Post has confirmed that the item is lost.
- I can not refund or replace items for delays in shipping that are outside of my control.